Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking to buy an impala.

mennovh
03-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I was wodnering if anyone had any recommendations on what year i should get. I was looking at some 2004 models. I dont really want to spend more then 10k after tax and title. I found one 2004 base model with the 3.4 with 47k listed at 11k. I am pretty sure i can tlak them down to 9k on the vehicle. Is this a good deal or should i continue looking?

If i want to find one lower then 9k beofre tax and title what should i really be looking for? Also what are some good sites to look up on to find a good basis for pricing?

Thank you!

j cAT
03-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I was wodnering if anyone had any recommendations on what year i should get. I was looking at some 2004 models. I dont really want to spend more then 10k after tax and title. I found one 2004 base model with the 3.4 with 47k listed at 11k. I am pretty sure i can tlak them down to 9k on the vehicle. Is this a good deal or should i continue looking?

If i want to find one lower then 9k beofre tax and title what should i really be looking for? Also what are some good sites to look up on to find a good basis for pricing?

Thank you!

I don't recommend any of these 2000 on up impala's too many problems, in all areas .....stay away from the impala...do internet search impala problems also nhtsa web site for more details on recalls and reported complaints......good luck

phewop118
03-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I fully disagree. The Impala is a very reliable car, especially 2003 and up, namely those with the 3.8 L engine. I know someone who bought a 2003 brand new and still has yet to have 1 single problem with it. Overall, the Impala is a very competitive and reliable car. JUST DON'T GET THE 3.4 ENGINE!!

Iflylow
03-14-2008, 09:22 PM
I've got a 2000 with 87K miles, and it has been very reliable. I'd buy another for sure. But, do spend the extra $ and get the 3.8, it is a much better motor, and the fuel mileage difference is very small.

'97ventureowner
03-14-2008, 09:53 PM
A lot of rental car companies and lease companies use the Impala, as well as many police agencies. They can't be all that bad.

Add your comment to this topic!