Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car related jobs?

mebeuro
03-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm a Freshman in college and I'm starting to wonder if I'm in college for the wrong major. I have grown up around cars and I still love them to death. What are some car related jobs that arent looked down upon? I'm not the mechanic type and I would like to have a nice income, even if college is required. Thanks in advance.

72chevelleOhio
03-12-2008, 04:04 AM
What are some car related jobs that arent looked down upon?
ANY job can be looked down upon if you dig deep enough......:2cents:

I think, a better way to answer your own question would be to ask yourself where are you going to be at, say 30 to 35 years old. If you picture your house, wife, kids or whatever you would probably picture yourself returning home from a job. (for example, what outfit are you wearing when you get home in your "picture"??) That may help you decide whats right for you by filling in your blanks....

Or you could list the jobs your thinking about and pick whatever one people poke the least amount of fun at......:lol:

J-Ri
03-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, the way I see it, I only care what I think about my job. Honestly, I don't think most people do look down at any job. There are the rich pricks that think everyone is below them and make a point of letting you know, but most people realize that every job is important. Would you rather have a job that you think is good or a job that other people think is good? I'm a mechanic, and I absolutely LOVE my job. I actually get paid to do something that I do for fun on the weekends! There aren't many jobs like that.

What is your major?

Jeff_Houston
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Anyone who knows auto parts should check out the Automotive Retail Jobs (http://jobs.advanceautoparts.com/) at Advance Auto Parts. They're a nationwide company so I'm sure there's probably a position near you.

Oldengineer
11-12-2010, 11:05 PM
I felt a lot like you in the early 1960's. My solution - I got a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and, scored a job with General Motors. Left GM years ago - but - now am a senior engineer with a tier 1 automotive parts supplier. Now I'm a couple years from retirement, but, still playing with cars.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Add your comment to this topic!