2005 dodge grand caravan driver door panel

ryesguerra
03-09-2008, 02:57 PM
My 2005 dodge grad caravan's driver power window stopped working. I need help on how to remove the door panel so that I can access the power window motor.

Stretch58
03-10-2008, 09:30 AM
My 2005 dodge grad caravan's driver power window stopped working. I need help on how to remove the door panel so that I can access the power window motor.
The Chilton Books have a pretty good explanation on how to do it, along with diagrams. You can pick one up at an auto parts store.

gromittoo
07-27-2008, 04:54 PM
I just removed the panel on my 2001 voyager, which is probably identical.

You will need:
Phillips Screwdriver
Door tool
Pointed knife for removing plastic plugs
some adhesive to put the moisture barrier back on (tub caulk works)

1) remove the plastic plug on the inside door handle. You will find this plug where your ring finger grabs onto the handle when you close the door. Unscrew the Phillips screw behind the plug.

2) remove similar plug behind the door open latch, and the Phillips screw

3) open the door and sit on the ground. Near the speaker under the map pocket in the door, you will find the 3rd and final screw. Remove it.

4) using a door tool (available any parts store) remove the nylon pop-in plugs. There are 3 or 4 plugs on the outside edge (including one at the very top), four on the bottom, and two on the hinge side.

5) lift the whole inside panel up to unhook it from the window channel.

6) there is a metal rod that goes from the door latch to the inside door latch release. From the inside door open latch end, release the rod from the release by rotating the white plastic retainer clip. This should be easy. If you have to force it, then you are not doing it right.

7) Unplug the power door lock connector.

8) Unplug the power window control connector. This one is not very obvious, as you have to slide the red plastic tab sideways, then you can press the green plastic clip (the factory manual should warn people that there are two clips that must be moved to remove this connector!)

9) I don't have a sliding door, but I assume it might have a separate connector to be removed as well.

10) You should be see the black rubber/plastic liner of the inner door. Carefully peel this back, it is help on by adhesive.

You should now see the motor and the four cables going to each corner of the window regulator.

I can't help you any further. My window rolls down fine, but sometimes won't roll up. This is was a big problem today since it was rolled in the all the way down position, and a thunderstorm was looming. In the past, I have been able to help the window go up by grabbing the glass with my fingers to give it a boost. Having had the door all opened up, I can't figure out the problem, but at least I got it closed.

Add your comment to this topic!