Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for a new car! Need advice.

K4Lic0
03-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey guys. Right now I have a 2004 Mustang GT and I am selling it and getting into the "drift scene" as it were. I'm looking for a drifter for <$4k. The rest of the money from the Mustang i'm using to start a business. ANYWAYS; i'm looking for some advice on what I should look for thats in my price range. Thanks in advance!

6Cobalt
03-16-2008, 01:34 PM
The 04 mustang would be okay to keep if you wanted to start drifting. However, if you are looking to get a cheap drift car, I'd go with a 240SX if you can find one. Also, Mazda Miatias can be found at cut-rates and are apparently great drift cars (although at bit underpowered). Any mustang can do it though, and know that those cars are going for about a dime a dozen around my area.

The thing to remember, quite obviously, is that drifting IS NOT cheap. Transmission damage is almost an integral part to drifting, as a clutch-kick is not really something that comes natural to any car. Tires wear quickly, as do your breaks. Not to mention, learning is quite a pain in the butt, as a pile of junk-yard-bought fascias from my friend's 98 mustang GT will attest.
All that having been said, i hope you enjoy the sport, it's an absolute blase.

Add your comment to this topic!