Help identifying my model of car

hypoglycemic
03-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi. I need a new battery. To select the best battery for me, I am searching for my model of car.

I defiantly have a 323, badges on the car and all. However the problem I have is the year does not exist! I was under the impression that it was made in 1993 but the catalogues used to select the right battery do not have a 1993 323. Only an 80 to 91 and a 94 on have been made in a 323. However a Protege is made in 1993. I have seen that the 323 is sometimes called a Protege but I am not confidant of this.

I have the car year from the VIN plate and it says 11 93. I can not find more information in the manual in the car.

Can I find more information about the car model anywhere else on the car? Can anyone clear this up for me or help me choose correctly?

The old battery does not appear to help much. Searching with the numbers it does not help very much and I can not find the same battery in a store.

Sorry my english is not the best.

Doug Tatham
03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Usually the date of manufacture is on a sticker on the inside of the door frame. Open the drivers door and look at the inside of the frame.

hypoglycemic
03-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Awesome, I have the full VIN. However its not valid according to online decoders and WP :(

The number has a 0 (zero) for car year. This does not help.

The full VIN

JM0 BG1062 0 0 151189

JM0 - Japan Mazda [not used]

BG1062 - Platform body type etc, no identifying information.

0 - Year. Not valid??

0 - Plant Code -> Hiroshima

151189 - Sequential manufacture number

I have triple checked these numbers so I am still a bit confused. Any more help will be greatly appreciated.

*Edit the manual was printed in 93-02. That cant guarantee that it was built then but I might help.

inafogg
03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
if you are looking for the right battery besides top post,side post ect. the only thing you need to do is match battery cold cranking amps to engine cid
example; a 350 chevy needs atleast 350 C.C.A.(crank amps)

Doug Tatham
03-10-2008, 03:00 PM
You need to see what the deal is with the VIN number. The number should be on your title. If an invalid number was entered it should have sent up a red flag. Check inside your door for the VIN number as well as on your engine block.
The car may have been assembled from junk vehicles and issued a new VIN. At any rate, check your title so that you know what it is that you bought.

I just noticed that your profile was Australia. The VIN number decoders that you find online are for cars built for the US market. You may want to check with a dealer on your side of the equator.
Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!