Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FS: C5 thin spoke Y2k rims with tires

blindeyed
03-06-2008, 02:09 PM
SOLD!!!

Price: $400
Payment accepted: Cash (preferred), Paypal ($412 total to include PayPal fee)

I've got a set of polished C5 rims & tires that I need to get rid of. They're the staggered set 17" front/18" back. Bought them from the seller O.E. Wheels on ebay a few years ago. They've been in the garage for the past 6 or so months. I'm trying to save up for a paint job and could use the money and garage space at that. Prefer a local pick-up. But can and will deliver or meet up somewhere so as long as it's not too far.

Spec's:
Front: 17" x 8.5" with 245/45/17's & a 56mm offset
Rear: 18" x 9.5" with 275/45/18's & a 65mm offset

Front tires are General Exclaim's:

Both have probably only got a couple thousand miles on them. One of them currently has a plug where I ran over a screw, and currently still has another screw lodged in it. Tire will hold air briefly with the screw in it, but will slowly get flat. Needs to be plugged or replaced. I may still have my road hazard warranty for it, I'll have to look for the paperwork on that.

Rear tires are Nitto NT555's:

Both are in like new condition, nothing wrong with them at all, were hardly driven on. Even still have the little "hair" rubbers along the sides.

The rims have some slight curb rash here and there. Nothing that can't be sanded down and polished back up. All 4 wheels have the stick on weights that go inside. I was always stern about that when I got new tires put on. Spent a good couple hours cleaning them up and polishing them, and they look great. They all have chrome valve stems and caps as well. The only real thing that is wrong is the center caps chrome paint has started to peel. Nothing too hard to replace/repaint.

Again, I am interested primarily in a local sale, or somewhere within a reasonable driving distance to deliver/meet. If it boils down to it, I will consider shipping, but please be aware that it will cost roughly $25 per wheel (just an estimate, I will not overcharge). Not interested in separating the rears from the fronts, nor am I interested in selling just the tires without the wheels or vice versa. I'm not looking for any trades either, just need the cash so I can add it to my "paint fund" to get my car painted. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT: Found the warranty, so I can have that one tire replaced hopefully. Not sure how it works, if they patch/plug or replace the tire with their warranty. Figure if it has one plug in it already as well as a screw, it should be replaced.

Add your comment to this topic!