Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 LaSabre illumination light replacement

magnetman
03-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 2002 LeSabre and noticed that one of the illumination lights on the AC/Heater controller (the ones that illuminate the words on the buttons) is out. How easy is it to get behind the "wood" trim and into that section and change that bulb.

Also, one of the heated seats buttons has lost it's illuminating bulb.

Any help with either of these is appreciated

Thanks

gjhunter01
03-06-2008, 09:39 PM
My 2001 Lesabre also has the heated seat switch on the door panel that is not working. I believe the switch has a internal light molded inside the switch and is not repairable. Your options are to get the part from a dealer or salvage yard. You might want to remove the switch and make sure it is getting power.

magnetman
03-07-2008, 03:26 AM
That's, kind of, what I was afraid of. The switch works fine it's just the illumination of the switch that is out.

Thanks!

Headnsouth
03-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Not sure excatly what light you mention for the AC but they maybe replacable. You'll have to remove the trim in order to get to it. Look around the ashtray for screws or plastic retainers for removal.

gjhunter01
03-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I removed my 2001 drivers door panel today to check my heated seat switch. You can take the switch apart and there is a small circuit board inside. There is one bulb with a blue cover on it that lights up the (Heated Seat) words. It looks like this could be unsoldered and replaced if you are careful. There are two small LED lights on the board that light up the (high) or (low) words. These look difficult to replace as they are flush with the circuit board. These are the lights that don't work on my car along with the heated seat its self that dosen't work. I now believe my problem is the module under the seat.

dino139
05-17-2008, 12:26 AM
I have a 2000 buick lesabre limited and had a bunch of lights out one in heated seat, one in headlight switch, one in memory seat button. the gm dealer said had to buy new switches but this isn't so if the switch works okay and just the light is out if you can get the switch out you can get the led buld replaced in them i found a place that fixes radios and he told me he could fix them all by soldering new led bulbs in it was a lot cheaper then buying new switches. hope this helps

lesabrelimted
10-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I am having the same problem, bought a replacement digital dash control switch, but am having trouble getting the wood grained plastic dash section off. Removed two screws from the glove box, but can't seem to loosen the plastic cover. I see a plastic piece between the switch and steering column that appears to be holding the wood brain plastic on that side, but it does not appear to want to move. Any advice?

dpalomaki
11-15-2009, 07:19 PM
On my 2004 the trim pieces do pull out, but not easily or readily, once you remove the two screws.

I used #8111 lamps (14v, 10,000 hour rating) to replace the burned out bulbs (actually, I replaced all of them) in the heater controls, steering wheel controls, seat memory, and am about to use them to replace the radio dial lamps.

All the lamps are soldered on circuit boards, some use wire base, some a pin base, most have a blue plastic lens (sort of a sock) over them to whiten the light. A time consuming job that involves farily fine work.

Add your comment to this topic!