Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

vl project

sideways_driver
03-06-2008, 12:21 AM
i have just gottel a vl and i want to do it up a little. would anyone know any tips on prep for a respray and also i was told i can put a vs v6 in by swapping the k frame or something and modifying the floor arond the gear box. i couldn't find any info about this sort of converstion so any help would be appreciated :p

sideways_driver
03-16-2008, 09:40 PM
the vl is an auto and the vs is an auto. i have the whole vs for donor parts for the project so i shouldn't have to much trouble mixing and matching things. i would prefer a manual box for the job but the budget doesn't allow for it yet.

mmcleo11
03-20-2008, 11:37 PM
It is possible, Castlemaine Rod Shop have a conversion kit to make it all go together a lot smoother as there are a few parts required to make both cars join. For example, making sure the VS computer does no have problems with the VL not having ABS, etc.

sideways_driver
04-01-2008, 01:40 AM
thanks for the tip :) would it be worth trying to fit abs and avoiding any computer hassles? actually the crs should be able to help with those issue's
will post some pics of the progress soon.

mmcleo11
04-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Even if you fit the ABS computer, it will still have problems unless your changing the rear axle and a few other things as well... such as fitting an airbag, etc

-Davo
05-22-2008, 07:30 AM
i have just gottel a vl and i want to do it up a little. would anyone know any tips on prep for a respray and also i was told i can put a vs v6 in by swapping the k frame or something and modifying the floor arond the gear box. i couldn't find any info about this sort of converstion so any help would be appreciated :p

The engine won't fit. You can get the ecotec into a VN and VP but not a VL.

You're best buying a R33 engine from a skyline, that's what my brother did.

Add your comment to this topic!