Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

80's Saleen Racers Toon...

Blip
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Been at this one for weeks, wasn't sure I would even
get it done as the viewing angle was driving me crazy.

Almost gave up, but saw the light today and just finished it.
86 (wht/blu)and 87(wht/yel) R model Fox Saleens

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z130/Darkblip/Artwork/CAR-toons/20and19-1.jpg

GirlBear
03-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Those are some sweet Mustang Toons. This one came out awesome like always. For Graduation My best friend got a Mustang. Looked Just like the 87. Minus the Saleen stuff. I think it was a GT, maybe "LX". Im not sure. But it was that same color. Brings back memories. Excellent job!

Ngati_Pakeha
03-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Awesome toon. The mustangs look great and although the tough angle, I feel that you got it spot on.

lemorris
03-05-2008, 08:19 PM
STEVE AUSTIN!

that's who this reminds me of. He was one of the CARtoons magzine artists. Many overhead looks and even the style in your chracters.

Very professional and don't get me wrong...very very you which is why you're one of my favs

great work as always

Blip
03-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the comments, this toon idea was in my
head for a long time, and just happy to get it out of there. lol

GB--Glad the ol' Fox images tickled up some good memories.
Not everybody liked them back then, but now the rare surviving stock ones have become a collector prizes.

Lemorris--Hadn't thought about Steve Austin, mostly remember Pete Millar, Trosley, Robt. Williams, and Dave Deal drawing in CARtoon.
I tried to get every issue when growing up, it had a been effect on my early drawing days along
with BDR's Fink toons and t-shirt designs.
Thanks for your comments.

Roboduck
03-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Blip... SOOO cool. Love the angles and attention to the little details that make it stand out. Robo

Add your comment to this topic!