Diesel VS. Gasoline

bayoudj
03-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I am looking to buy a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ. I will use this truck to pull a 36 ft Travel Trailer bumper pull. I also pull a boat from time to time and do a lot off off road in the woods. What are the pros and cons between 6.6L Duromax diesel VS. 6.0L Gasoline V8?

'97ventureowner
03-05-2008, 12:21 AM
The first thing that comes to my mind is the difference in price between gas and diesel currently. I was out and about last weekend and was shocked at how much diesel is now, almost $4.00/gal :eek: I know diesels get better mpg, but I would do some calculations and figure out which would end up costing less to operate as part of your decision making process.

emanunet
03-11-2008, 06:41 AM
if you say u need to pull heavy duty items, then a Diesel engine is better. yes it might be more expensive but in the long run, it's mpg is much better (especially in these king of engine capacities) and it's much, much more torquey - which is what you really need when u haul heavy cargos.
i don't know what is your budget, but if you can afford it, i might offer you a Diesel engined VW Touareg - u would get a much better fuel econnomy while usong one of the most torqueist vehicles out there. just check out this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sO_xmXiQqM

hope i helped.
good luck,
EA.

rextheracer
03-27-2008, 05:04 PM
i would definently reccomend diesel...i pull a 36 ft horsetrailer w/ a diesel, and it still has enough torque to pass someone on a highway....
gas is expensive, but its totally worth it

leadlefthand
05-15-2008, 05:40 AM
Diesel engines have better MPG and is therefore more eco-friendly.

The difference in price b/w diesel and gas is minimal. The better MPG would most likely be more economical

drdisque
05-17-2008, 01:53 AM
A touareg can't pull a 36 ft Travel Trailer

BobMackey
06-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Diesel is much more energy dense than gasoline, so even with a higher price per gallon, it's usually still cheaper than gasoline. Plus, you can always modify it to burn vegetable oil.

marknelson7896
06-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Both are costlier i belive when it is considered with current scenario i believe...Okay...my vote will go for hybrid cars and not to either gas or diesel pwered automotives.......For your query, i would go for diesel version. since both does not have that much big difference in terms of fuel efficeiency. Check out its reviews before deciding uopn which one to chose.LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR - SPAM

Add your comment to this topic!