Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

3rd door handle-Broke again-Can you say cheap?

hink12341234
03-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Did a search and couldn't find anything on this. My 3rd door handle on my 01 S-10 broke again. This was the second time this has happened and after replacing the first one I could not believe how cheap these handles are made. I was always extra careful when I opened it and it still broke anyway. Obviously Chevy knows how cheap the factory handle is but the trouble is the replacement is no better. Is there a better replacement one that is stronger or should I give up and just use my trusty screwdriver to open the door? What the heck is Chevy thinking?

ZL1power69
03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
There is an replacement alluminum handle availible that will not break.

hink12341234
03-06-2008, 06:06 PM
2 problems that i'm having with my S-10 that should have been corrected years ago. My 3rd door the handle has broke yet again. When I took the first one off to replace it I could not believe how cheaply made the handle was. It is made so cheap it's gonna break no matter what you do. You go to the dealer to replace it and the new one is as cheap as the old one! Come to find out this is a huge problem with the door handles. Is it asking to much for GM to design a better handle? Must be. Now just yesterday my CEL came on and pulled the code and it's the same code as I have gotten twice before. The code is P0410 which is a faulty Secondary Air Injection System. The first time this happened it was under warranty and it was fixed. Then it broke again and that one I had to pay for. Now it's broke yet again and I just took it off and yes there was water in the inside of the pump. I was told the first time that they put a new hose on it that would prevent the water getting inside the pump. So obviously GM has not lifted a finger to solve these problems. And no I wont be going back to the dealer to replace my part's with "Genuine GM Part's". I do liike my S-10 but GM needs to pull there head out.

Add your comment to this topic!