89 Mustang GT 5.0...Good Deal??

BiggWaukegan
03-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Got a guy who wants to sell me a 89 5.0 gt stang. 5 speed manual, NO RUST, 126000 org miles and hes the 3rd owner which i verified by carfax. hes asking 4400 obo? good deal? is this year mustang a good one?:banghead:

351wStang
03-04-2008, 02:10 AM
It's the first year of MAF so if you want to do some heavy mods it puts you a step ahead. As far as the price goes its impossible to say without seeing the car or knowing hardly anything about it.

BiggWaukegan
03-04-2008, 08:52 AM
well i basiclly told you a nice chunk about it. No rust. Garaged, never seen snow. got a few upgrades includin dual flows and 70mm throttle spacer, sounds are upgraded. Think im gonna get it if he will budge just a little on the price. :grinyes:

351wStang
03-04-2008, 11:48 AM
If the body is straight, paint is atleast decent, and the interior is ingood shape I say go for it. But it sounds more like a $3500-$3800 car to me.

351wStang
03-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Unless it has nice wheels that you like. That will save you some money and therefore justify paying a little more for it.

satrianirulz929606
03-23-2008, 11:07 AM
+1.........yep thats what i would say also.

Muscletang
04-17-2008, 12:30 AM
It's a bit pricey. Have you checked the Kelley Blue Book on it?

Excellent
$1,565

Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning.
Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust.
Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection.
Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.
Complete and verifiable service records.
Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good
$1,320

Free of any major defects.
Clean title history, the paints, body, and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems.
Little or no rust on this vehicle.
Tires match and have substantial tread wear left.
A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail.
Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair
$945

Some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition.
Clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional.
Tires may need to be replaced.
There may be some repairable rust damage.

I'd get him to drop the price some if I were you. I can get a 5.0 with more mods and fewer miles for around that price.

giddyup50
05-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I know this is an old thread but, anyway, you can't always go by Kelly Blue Book or NADA when you're buying/selling a performance or collector car. When I was selling my Mustang NADA said it was worth around $6,000 even with low miles and the great condition it was in. But in our local car trader paper, newspaper, and dealerships, cars like mine with about same miles/condition were selling for around $7-$9k. I listed and sold mine at $8,500 firm. I could of got more, but it was Feb. I'm not saying KBB and NADA are wrong, they're pretty much right but, when you have a sports car in good condition that's 10-20 years old compared to a 10-20 year old family car, I don't think KBB/NADA take the demand for those cars into consideration.

Add your comment to this topic!