Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

could someone please tell me

jimmybeam32
03-02-2008, 03:49 PM
I have 1993 buick skylark the engine stalls when i come to a slow down l'm thinking that the problem is the tcc is sticking now if i change the tranny oil will this help it? also if this doesn't will i have to pull the transmission out in order to get at the tcc out or is there a way at getting at it ?

thks

Tom_SF
03-04-2008, 10:49 PM
I have 1993 buick skylark the engine stalls when i come to a slow down l'm thinking that the problem is the tcc is sticking now if i change the tranny oil will this help it? also if this doesn't will i have to pull the transmission out in order to get at the tcc out or is there a way at getting at it ?

thks
Mine did that too but it wasn't the transmission. It was the PCV pipe. It was OK for a while but acted-up again. This time I changed the spark plug wires, the EGR valve, the MAP sensor, the battery and the alternator. (A new Bosch, not a stinkin' rebuilt). Now it runs great.

jimmybeam32
03-05-2008, 07:55 PM
the engine runs great but when i put it into gear it stall also when i come to a red light and slowing down i can hear a grinding going on so this tells me that the tranny is not disengauging

Tom_SF
03-10-2008, 10:56 PM
the engine runs great but when i put it into gear it stall also when i come to a red light and slowing down i can hear a grinding going on so this tells me that the tranny is not disengauging

OK, it may be the transmission then. I didn't hear any grinding with mine.

Tom

Add your comment to this topic!