Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HIDs Questions?

RCMakita4
02-29-2008, 11:25 PM
ok i want to get a set of HID lights on my car. I would like to have both high and low beam if this is possible. My lens on my headlights are real shitty looking right now and i plan on wet sanding and cleaning them up. Is this a good thing to do or doesnt it work to well? Also i wanted that black tint look to my lens. How do i achieve this? Do i paint the back inside of the lens with a black paint or something? Also do i need to buy a set of bulbs for high beam and then a set of low beams. So that would mean id have to get a set that are 9006 and 9005 hids. I have a 98 eclipse gs. And then if i want to do my fog lights just repeat the process which i think they are h3s? Some people said i cant get my high beams in hids cause they use to much voltage and it wont work or something? Is this true?
thanks for the help

SilvrEclipse
03-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Welcome to AF.

Look in the tech articles, I did a write up about wet sanding headlighs. Turns out really well. Also you CAN NOT put HID bulbs in your stock headlight housings. These are diamond back housings and it will scatter the light everywhere and you will blind everything. If you really want HID lights buy the ebay projector housings and put HID bulbs in those. There is also a write up on that as well.

I would not recommend you tinting your lenses either. Anything you put on the lens will hinder the light output. However the projector housings are not chrome like the stock ones so they look blacked out somewhat.

scals37
03-22-2008, 02:17 PM
i need replacement bulbs for these http://cgi.ebay.com/97-98-99-ECLIPSE-JDM-BLACK-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ120235981161QQihZ002QQcategoryZ337 10QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what size, what kind, and where do you think i should get them

:uhoh: never had to replace them before

Blackcrow64
03-22-2008, 08:02 PM
i need replacement bulbs for these http://cgi.ebay.com/97-98-99-ECLIPSE-JDM-BLACK-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ120235981161QQihZ002QQcategoryZ337 10QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what size, what kind, and where do you think i should get them

:uhoh: never had to replace them before
Those are almost the same as mine... Your best bet would be to just pull the bulbs and head to Autozone or some place of that sort and match it up inside the store. If you are still unsure of which ones you need, somebody that works there will be able to help you find the right bulbs for it.

Add your comment to this topic!