Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

0171,0174 codes

godfrey1680
02-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm getting trouble codes 0171,0174 bank1 and bank2 too lean. I just did a complete tune-up on it and also pulled the trottle body and cleaned the EGR
ports to clear the 04901 code. This worked!!! I also went ahead and changed
the EGR valve, EGR sensor,and the EGR solenoid for good measure. I can't figure why now im getting the bank1,2 codes. Anyone had this same problem?

beyondloadedSE
02-29-2008, 05:09 AM
Youve got a vacuum leak now. I'd check around the TB first.

You did buy new TB and EGR gaskets right?

godfrey1680
03-03-2008, 08:06 AM
I didn't buy a new TB but I did get a new EGR gasket. I did how ever find a posible vacum leak were the main vacum line plugs into the pcv valve. The conector that locks the vacum line to the valve is broken and I can pull it loose. The good thing is that it also tells me that the PCV valve is good because when i pull it loose the engine idle changes. I could here it sucking air when my bro. reved the engine. I'm going to see if I can find a new vacum line for it. I'm sure i'll need to get it from the dealer because I can't find it on autozone's web site or advance auto's web site.

chaz2759
01-29-2011, 09:05 AM
I had this same problem and went to 3 diffrent shops (because I could not figure it out). Finaly I was told it was and replace the lower intake manifold. The rods that support the seconday butterflies have some sort of seal. The seal went bad. I could not find any one to rebuild it or could I find the parts to rebuild it. Good luck

danielsatur
01-29-2011, 07:32 PM
A Smoke test would of pinpointed this leak!

Some shops, like to take a little problem, and turn it into a Major project @ the customers expense.

beyondloadedSE
01-29-2011, 08:27 PM
I had this same problem and went to 3 diffrent shops (because I could not figure it out). Finaly I was told it was and replace the lower intake manifold. The rods that support the seconday butterflies have some sort of seal. The seal went bad. I could not find any one to rebuild it or could I find the parts to rebuild it. Good luck

Who told you this? There is no seal on the lower intake manifold.

Add your comment to this topic!