Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Bonnie leaks when it rains

Bruski
02-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Whenever it rains hard, I get water in my car. It leaks from the area where you turn the fog lights on, right behind the rear view mirror. I tried siliconing along the molding above the windshield but that didn't work. Has anyone else had this problem ? I'd find it hard to believe I'm the only Bonnie owner with this problem. I'd be interested to know how you pin pointed the area where the water was coming in.

Jrs3800
02-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Actually my Friends 94 Had the same issue.. We are talking about pulling the windshield and doing a reseal... I have this issue with my 91 and its simply a place where the Adhesive has become unbonded from the body... Meaning I will have to remove and reseal the windshield..

There is a type of glue/sealer to seal small leaks on windshields, its very runny and may help solve you problem... Only problem is that I don't remember the name of the stuff.. I believe my friend used the stuff for a temporary fix..

Anything is worth a shot

Bruski
03-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Problem was fixed. The leak was somewhere where the windshield meets the frame. Went to a autoglass place and they pulled the windshield and re-sealed..damage was $150

Add your comment to this topic!