Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

oil coming out my mufflers

Pimpdady753
02-22-2008, 07:19 PM
ok so the only thing that ive done is but a new intake manifold on and a new exgust system bbk headers, bbk x pipe and flow masters with dumps. i started her up today and for some reason im getting quite a bit of oil coming out of the tail pipe. then i checked and its leaking oil at all the joints on the right side, the left is fine nothing is coming out the left tail pipe. some one told me that it could be a bad header gasket seal. got any ideas thanks.

Pimpdady753
02-22-2008, 10:27 PM
u know i just rememberd would running really rich do that. because i was setting the fuel press with my adj. fuel regulator and i for got it was at like 55psi for 3 to 5 min with the engine running till i could put it at 39.5. so do u think that could have cause all that oil to come out my mufflers.

G.A.S.
02-23-2008, 03:09 AM
what engine? basic infromation on your intake instalation, any problems you encountered? did it do this before? anything done with the heads?

Pimpdady753
02-23-2008, 01:25 PM
no nothing done to heads, its a 306 that was running fine befor i put the new exugst and intake on, its a bbk ssi race intake manifold with a 35mm tb.

Pimpdady753
02-24-2008, 05:47 PM
how many qrts of oil is soppose to have i put in 6. that could be it

Pimpdady753
04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
ok so i found out that some how theres alot of gas getting in to my oil witch is thinning the shit out of, i drained the hole crank case of oil and gas mixture. So what is wrong do u think, i have a 306 with speed density and the stock 19lb injectors, a1000 fp, and bbk fuel rails and regulator with 8an lines front to back, the fuel press was at 39 to 40 the hole time. the only thing ive changed was the intake manifold, do u think i could be getting major cylinder wash from not having the sd computer tuned for the new intake. i took all the spark plugs out and found that they all had oil on them exept the number 2 cylinder plug, i have 36lb that i was going to wait to put on till i hooked up my procharger and got it tuned, but i think it might be the injectors that are bad any sugjestions would be great.

351wStang
04-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Sounds like you need rings to me. Do a compression check.

Pimpdady753
04-13-2008, 07:58 PM
ive done that and i got around the same reading on all cylinders, 155 to 170. the thing that gets me is the engine was fine, till i changed the the exugst and inake manifold and tb, i took the ps off and the air compressor and switched to a electric water pump and fan, so im just running the alt and soon to be procharger off the crank, i put in a msd 6++ digital ignition with a blaster coil. so with all that i never really changed the internals of the engine or the heads. what i think im going to do is put on my 36 pound injectors and hook up the procharger and go get it tuned and dynod to hope that will fix my problem. any sugestions thanks again.

351wStang
04-15-2008, 12:24 PM
I still say it sounds like rings. Gas in oil, oil on plugs, oil out exhaust...

Now the oil coming out the exhaust, is it liquid oil or is it oil smoke?

MrPbody
04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
It sounds like it may be leaking oil into the intake track from the crankcase. Seen it before. Does is smoke profusely? If the manifold gasket isn't properly seated, it can suck oil right out of the inside and pump it into the cylinders on one side.

If the catalyst is still installed, it could "mask" the smoke. Look at the plugs. If there's a build-up, either ash-white or black and "gooey", there you go...

Jim

fredcruz
04-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Dude, you need to re seal your intake. Find some old bolts at the junk yard. In particular the ones next to the front and the rear bolts on the intake. Cut the head off and put a groove on top for a flat head screw driver. When re-installing the intake make sure the gaskets have black rtv on top. Also make sure the gaskets in the front and rear that go side to side are located and placed properly. Use Black RTV on the for corners where the Gaskets meet. Use the bolts to guide the intake and center it properly. Begin your tork sequence by removing the guide bolts you made and tork it down in a 2 step process as you did before. Fire up the car and take it for a spin. In essence your problem is the seal in the rear that goes from head to head is installed inproperly and your sucking up oil and air into the heads, thus oil seapage into your exhaust and rich mixture inot your intake. Have fun dude and take your time doing it. It'll be so worth it

Pimpdady753
04-19-2008, 05:27 PM
its alot of oil and alot of smoke at the same time. im going to get new gaskets today and istall them and c what happens thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!