Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

airbrush with model master paint

bullitt1
02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
hi,
i just found this site, great stuff.
i have always painted with spray cans
finally decided to get an airbrush and try my luck.
question, i want to do a model in sublime green,with pearl.
can i mix sublime with pearl white , or do i have to go over
it with pearl white ?
other problem, i can't find pearl white enamal anywhere.
any help would be great !
thanks, tom

freakray
02-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Pearl White is just that, white paint with pearlescent particles, this over sublime green will give you pearl white with a hint of green.
Look for a pearl clear coat to apply over the sublime green, it will be a much better solution.

CFarias
02-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Follow freakray's advice. It's spot on. I would only add that when applying pearl coats be sure to spray a very light coat onto the model. Pearl's can easily overpower their basecoats and a heavy coat will tend to settle in corners causing an uneven shimmer to the finish.

stairweitoheaven
03-06-2008, 07:46 PM
i got a question too, i want to get my first airbrush, but i dont know which ones are better (double action) and i need some info on compressors as well.
thanks

Didymus
03-07-2008, 12:43 AM
i got a question too, i want to get my first airbrush, but i dont know which ones are better (double action) and i need some info on compressors as well.
thanks

It's not that I don't want to answer your questions, but they have been discussed a LOT on this forum. Try searching using "compressor" and "double action," or just read back through the thread titles. Also: Airbrush manufacturers (Testors, Aztec, Paasche, Badger etc.) provide plenty of information about airbrushes and compressors. Use Google to find their websites.

Before posting, read the subject line carefully and make sure your post fits into the discussion. In this case, your question isn't about airbrushing with Model Master paint; it's about what airbrush and compressor to buy, so it doesn't belong in this thread. If those "what to buy" questions are still troubling you after you've followed my suggestions, start a new topic of your very own. Give it a very specific title, something like "What airbrush/compressor features do I need?"

Above all, don't title your thread with generalities like "What should I do?" or "Painting." The purpose of a subject line is to give people enough information to decide whether the topic interests them enough to read the thread. So be specific.

"Need help!" may be truthful, but it's not a discussion topic. After all, who doesn't?

Ddms

Add your comment to this topic!