Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trunk full of water! HELP!

1992eclipseGS
02-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Inside my trunk under the spare tire is full of water!.. Brown, dirty nasty water! The major problem (besides the water) is, I cannot get out the spare tire!... is that black circle thing holding in the spare tire suppose to turn?? Because he doesn't. I'm pretty strong with my hands, But I just can't seem to turn that thing! Any advice?

Sonic Eclipse
02-18-2008, 06:20 PM
There should be a gold screw on top of the round black piece in the middle of the tire, just unscrew the gold piece (you can unscrew it by hand too.) and you should be able to remove the round piece holding the tire down, then the tire can come out.

SilvrEclipse
02-18-2008, 06:23 PM
That black circle thing should unscrew. Maybe its rusted together.

JoeShmoe
02-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Sounds like its rusted together, how did you get water back there?

rs_green_machine
02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
X2 on the black thing turning....and as for the water, one of the rubber seals that go under the tire might be gone or bad, that would let water in. you might also want to check if your hatch drains are plugged.

gthompson97
02-19-2008, 12:44 AM
I had water in my trunk because my hatch drains had completely collapsed. The tube was completely flat so I just replaced it and never had a problem again. You have to pull off the side plastic pieces in the trunk to get to it, but I would suggest checking them because eventually you're trunk will start to rust.

Add your comment to this topic!