Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please Help!

snowflakebreezie
02-17-2008, 01:17 PM
i have 93 mazda mx-3. i was told by some guy that i needed a catalatic converter then told by other people i dont! here is what my car is doing...
when i first start the car in the morning i get alot of white-grey smoke. but then after reving my engine for a few min it seems to go away. my car sounds like a go-kart! in the first few gears it has to try harder to get speed, but once i get into third or fourth gear it drives normal... other than that awful sound! i seem to be using an excessive amout of gas since this problem started.....
If ANYONE has any comments please leave them
thank u:banghead:

MazdaX
02-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Have you tried replacing the o2 sensors ? Also an easy way to find out whats going on is take it to autozone for a free OBD scan.

MrHerbie
04-06-2008, 12:17 AM
when i first start the car in the morning i get alot of white-grey smoke. but then after reving my engine for a few min it seems to go away...

I believe that white/grey "smoke" is usually from a head gasket or head failure. The white smoke is steam from the water leaking and when the engine heats up it is able to completely evaporate it and is no longer visible.

Check your radiator level to see if you are using water, and if your engine oil is turning a chocolate brown, that is an indication of water getting onto your oil. Depends on where the water leak is...

Hope that helps

Add your comment to this topic!