Help! 2001 Ram 1500 Electrical

orlandobill
02-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Hello,
My 2001 ram 1500 decided it wanted to act up today. Here are the symptons..
1. Power Door Locks do not work on either door
2. Power windows do not work on either door
3. Power seat doesn't work.
4. Radio is on but no sound
5. Headlight on 'buzzer' when key off does not sound
6. Interior lights

I would think that individule fuses would make these happen, but all at the same time. Also, this happened all at once, not one at a time. It happened when the car was parked and I went to drive it after being parked for two hours. Also, it has been cold lately, around 10-32 degrees.
Any ideas would be aprreciated!
:banghead:
Thanks
Bill

orlandobill
02-16-2008, 11:30 AM
I want to thank all those that replied!

I was able to fix the problem!

I checked most of the fuses in the interior fuse holder, all were good!

Also, how do I remove the fuses with the locks on them? (I used a meter to check for an open, because I was able to pull it out alittle), but I wasn't able to remove the fuse completely. Please answer if you know. I tried squeezing the tabs together but it didn't work.

I then checking the plugs going into the fuse block, I noticed a plug (2" x 2" square) that was loose located under the emergency brake, I reseated it and all is good!

I had replaced my cracked and broken dash cover a few years back and had to completely remove the complete dash, maybe I didn't get such a tight seat on the plug during reassembly.

I love the truck but I want to say the brakes and rear end have had problems from year one, not to mention the two tranny's I had replaced. ANother problem is that the oil pickup tube gets clogged every year and I have to remove the oil drainpan and clean it out!

Thanks
Billhttp://www.dodgeforum.com/image/s1.gif

rockwood84
03-09-2008, 03:58 AM
that good old trouble shooting works everytime

Add your comment to this topic!