Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

bucking 1992 Isuzu Rodeo HELP!!

jason21
02-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Saturday I tried to start my 1992 Rodeo (3.1L) and it wouldn't start. It turned over with no problem but it would not run. I held the pedal to the floor and it ran. When I got just about home it started bucking really bad. Then Sunday I tried to start it in the morning but it wouldn't stay running. It bucked for a little bit when I first started driving and then it was fine but I parked and it wouldn't start again and then when I was just about home it just died, check engine light came on, and would not start again. So I took the fuel filter out and blew it out, no problems there, I did notice a little rust though. Can you tell me why it won't start and if there is any way to check out the fuel pump and injector relays to see if they are any good before I go out and spend $60 to find out that wasn't the problem. Please, someone help me. By the way, it wasn't a ground wire.

poweredbyisuzu
02-27-2003, 03:39 PM
It might be either fuel pump, spark plugs, or your injectors. easiest guess is check the spark plugs first. check the gap, and then if nuffin is wrong with them, go for the fuel pump. Get a voltmeter and check to see if it's getting constant power when the car is on. then if you can't find a problem there it might be your injectors are plugged up or faulty. to check those you'll have to pull the intake manifold or look for the shematic for your rodeo. So that you don't have to pull the manifold. Find the stats, like resistance and all that and check it with your ohm meter. Good Luck

jason21
02-27-2003, 06:12 PM
The hei module needed replacing.

Add your comment to this topic!