Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Darn ABS/Traction control light intermittent...

82Stang
02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

99 Park Ave non-ultra 3.8L
Darn ABS light and Traction control off light keep going on and off intermittently. I've replaced the front hubs numerous times over the last few yrs on the Driver side and once on the Pass side. Both are within 2 yrs old. Every so often, that notable chime comes on and let's me know the lights are illuminated. Then they are gone the next time the car is driven. I don't have an ABS scanner and assume there are only the two front ABS sensors (don't know if it has rears, didn't check). Has anyone had the same type of situation with these idiot lights?

Not causing any problems, just annoying.

Will Help
03-22-2008, 08:12 PM
There is another speed sensor mounted on the transmission. Also check for loose/corroded connections on the wheel sensors. They can be intermittent also.

Garfield2
03-26-2008, 06:27 PM
My 96 Buick PA has similar problem. I've narrowed it down to the right front wheel and the connector that is inside under the hood where the wires head down the the wheel sensor. If I tap it with a stick it will stay 'good' for a while. What I need to do is hard wire from both sides of that quick connect and probably eliminate that problem.

Bryan22
03-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Read my post titled "97 PA What Changes"

82Stang
04-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Read my post titled "97 PA What Changes"

New hub, warrantied, did the trick.

Thanks for the responses.

Add your comment to this topic!