Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 RAV4 Transmission Problems

bluelemoni
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I am having to replace my transmission after 106K miles. After doing some research on this year and make of car, I have found that a lot of people are having transmission problems with low mileage. Toyota has yet to take responsibility on this issue, even trying to blame it on a ECM problem. I am preparing to take legal action against Toyota. If anyone has had the same issues, please contact me. Also, contact Toyota's corporate offices and file a complaint. :banghead:

mkwaka
05-17-2008, 05:29 PM
What are the signs that your car had before you had this issue? Was your car shuting off when you first start it,or when put in reverse

RB200sx
08-02-2008, 08:48 AM
I don't know... After 106k of use? How many times did you service the transmission durring that time. Fluids are not forever, you know. It's like changing the motor oil at the required intervals. If you don't keep up with the maintenance you will get failure or issues at some point in its use. I've done regular services to my 97 rav4 since it's first flush to the transmission. Every two years or every 30k to 40k miles, which ever comes first. I'm a little anal on the maintenance. Knock on wood, my Rav still feels like it could go another 176k on the same tranny. The engine is another issue, though. More on that later... much later.
The key is doing the three Ms, Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance! In a lot of ways vehicles of every type are like the human body. You have to purge the system of dirty fluids and materials from time to time. So again, I don't know. You may not have a case if they get a service history on your vehicle.
I don't know you form any where and I don't want to sound mean or any thing but if you neglected maintenance on your vehicle... it's on you. Sorry.

1978yellow1
03-07-2009, 01:35 PM
We have a 2001 rav4 that the automatic trans started to act up. Our rav4 has 96000 miles. Have never serviced the trans, only engine. Spark plugs, air-filter etc.etc. We took it to AAMCO they told us fault code P1349 solenoid valve A. To start, they reco. replacement of the ecm. You're talking about atleast 1100.00 out of pocket. If that doesn't fix it, then they need to tear down the trans. What am I to do. What are your plans. I do have a hook-up for an ecm for about 700.00 but that's still too high. What are your fault codes

samhain
02-20-2010, 04:34 PM
i have 2003 rav4 tranny prob..... I NEED THE EXTERNAL FUSE BOX CODE FOR OVERDRIVE!!! cant find manual. stepfather is 30yr seasoned mechanic.....he adjusted throttle..its much better...overdrive dosent work and passin gears are going. I cant find the manual

Add your comment to this topic!