Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

blazer not starting

nlohman0717
02-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I have a 95 chevy blazer 4.3 4wd. Every now and then it will not start. It cranks and sounds like its going to start..but just keeps cranking...and no matter how many times I try it wont start. other days I will go outside and it will start right up with no problems. Im getting pretty frustrated. I took it to advance auto and had them scan it but the only code that came up was P1442.

MT-2500
02-13-2008, 04:04 PM
1442 is a OBD2 code for emmision system leak.
Clear code and check gas cap first thing.
No fill up with engine running and give the cap 3 clicks.

On the starting check cold cranking fuel pressure.

If a 4.3 W engine code you need 59-60 lbs on cold cranking to squirt injectors.
Fuel specs is 55/61
While the gauge is hooked up check engine running on the road pressure to.
Post back fuel pressure readings.
MT

nlohman0717
02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
How do I go about checking the fuel pressure...I'm pretty good with cars but I'm really not sure how to do that.

82Stang
02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
I have a 95 chevy blazer 4.3 4wd. Every now and then it will not start. It cranks and sounds like its going to start..but just keeps cranking...and no matter how many times I try it wont start. other days I will go outside and it will start right up with no problems. Im getting pretty frustrated. I took it to advance auto and had them scan it but the only code that came up was P1442.

P1442....EVAP monitor circuit/vacuum switch high voltage

Try unhooking the pos and neg leads from the battery and clearing the codes for a few minutes. Then run it and rescan for codes. Could be as simple as a bad gas cap or something more. i.e. bad canister purge valve.

Add your comment to this topic!