Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fog Light bulbs to match HID's?

kcobra
02-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Does anybody have a brand or part number for a foglight bulb that would match the color of my 04 LS HID's? My foglights are like my highbeams..very yellow compared to the HID's and I find that ugly.

kcobra
02-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Let me rephrase the question. Has anybody ever run xenon foglight bulbs?

shorod
02-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Your first question was probably more appropriate. From my very limited lighting research, you can get different color temperatures from the same gas/material. So just going with a xenon bulb may not mean the color temperature will be the same.

I don't know what the factory HID color temperature is though, so I'm not sure what to tell you you want for a color temperature in the foglight bulb. Keep in mind though that certain color temperatures work better for fog than others. By matching the color temperature, you may actually decrease the safety factor for the foglight's original purpose. I suspect you're more concerned with aesthetics than function though.

-Rod

Quik_LS
02-15-2008, 06:48 AM
I run 9005's in my fog lights - and bought a set of e-bay at 7000k to match my 7000k 9005/9006 in the headlights. not sure exactly what range will match your HID exactly....

Add your comment to this topic!