Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

MTX 12's?

Jlunn24
02-09-2008, 09:27 PM
hi, because i know nothing about car audio, i figured id come to the experts. i recently found a pair of MTX 12's online that i am thinking about buying. i used to have a pair of 10's that i think had pretty good sound. my question is, will the 12's have better sound quality or will they just be louder? i dont need massive bass because i rarely listen to anything that requires it, i just want a nice sound all the way through the bass range. another question is what type of amp would go best with these subs, and what kind of power do i hook up to them? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

PaulD
02-10-2008, 09:37 AM
good sound has a LOT more do with the speaker design and the box, the size is not that important

nicks84
02-15-2008, 03:10 PM
good sound has a LOT more do with the speaker design and the box, the size is not that important

Absolutely right, and to add to that, I feel I can identify the diff in sound, because they do sound diff, but to the general user, you might not hear a diff at all, other than maybe it's a little louder. IMO The bass from a 12" can acheive a deeper sound than that of a 10". But as my man said, box design would be your best bet. Even a decent woffer will sound good in a nice box. :naughty:

Add your comment to this topic!