Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Several issues with my ls. Help would be appreciated.

kcobra
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
I just bought an 04 ls with 84k on it. The car is very nice and runs great. There are a few issues that have surfaced. I have the THX stereo with navigation. I get some weird lines or interference on my navi screen once the car warms a bit...sometimes even when it's cold. What I've noticed is a slight buzzing sound coming from under the dash on the driver's side. When you turn off the ignition, the radio stays on until you open the door. Well, that buzzing will stay on until the door is open. So it obviously has something to do with powering something or another. Has anyone every encountered this? It seems to be coming from the pcm area or the unit on top of the brake pedal but it's hard to pinpoint.
I also fall into ETC failsafe mode sometimes. Sometimes whenever I'm accelerating or even when just starting it. Sometimes it runs perfect and other times it falls into this mode. Getting p2110 codes and p2107. The car isn't running rough or anything. The dealership checked the coils and they checked out ok.

gcwimmer
02-09-2008, 02:38 PM
The P2110 & P2107 codes are fly by wire throttle body related and will put it in ETC mode, but it is common that the #4 coil going bad will give off RF inference and bleed into the PCM which is under the dash - on the passenger side - behind the glove box will give same symptoms.

Have the #4 coil checked again.

kcobra
02-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the info. That buzzind sound I thought was coming from the pcm or ABS thing was actually coming from the driver side speaker in the door. I found this out today while trying a few different things. Why would there be interference from the coil even when the car isn't started? Does that make any sense?
I have another issue. My climate control is all out of wak. The heat comes out at around 90 degrees even if I lower the control to 60. My ac isn't working either. The climate control will slow down the blower but the heat coming out is max. What would this be?

gcwimmer
02-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Don’t try and relate all problems to one source.

I was referring to the CEL codes for the throttle body or #4 coil.

The static coming from your right speaker and the lines on the nav screen may or may not be related, I have no knowledge.

Your heat problem could be the DCCV (dual climate control valve) stuck and in need of replacing. It is located on the right side half way down the radiator behind the headlight. Check the wires and connector to see if they are corroded, that too could be giving off RF. DCCV is about a $150 but the labor is not hard but a pain, take about 2 hrs from what I understand.

shorod
02-10-2008, 11:06 AM
The static and lines in the Nav screen are probably due to a bad solder joint somewhere internal to the audio system. That may or may not be an easy fix for someone good with small electronics and soldering iron.

I agree that the heat problem is likely due tot he DCCV. That's a pretty common problem with these. You may want to try resetting the climate control system first though to see if that helps. The process has been posted on this forum a few times already, so please use the "Search this forum" feature from the Lincoln LS forum main page. The search tool should be your friend. Replacing the DCCV isn't too bad to do with common hand tools. The hardest part is probably getting the electrical connector and coolant lines loose.

-Rod

kcobra
03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
I fixed the failsafe mode problem. It was a freaken coil! Unbelievable. Anyways, still trying to get the A/C to work and find out what's interfearing with my navi screen.

danielsatur
03-17-2008, 10:31 AM
EXPERIMENTATION:
TURN off radio prior to opening door.
Do hear the noise?
Is the radio picking on the noise?
YEARS AGO cars radios would pick up Eng noise.
Filters and silicone spark plug wires helped prevent this on older cars.

* There is a electronic contol module in drivers door,for lock+ windows
Make sure coming from drivers door.

kcobra
03-17-2008, 12:01 PM
If I do as you say, the interference is still there. The only part I don't understand is that the car doesn't have to be started so the sparkplug theory has no standing. I haven't a clue. It does it sometimes. Once and a while it will buzz, stop, buzz, stop..etc. Almost like if the AC compressor was cycling or something.

danielsatur
03-17-2008, 01:39 PM
My towncar Has a Air suspenshion ride ! Air springs + Air compressor.
This is a nice comfort ride,I don't know if your car has this system.
If there is a change in Weight Load the Air compressor with go on.
Are you FAT?,
When it's cold outside just like your tires,The air compressor kick on.

CAUTION: If compressor stays on for more than 10sec you might need new Air springs.
Have you ever saw a older town car were it looks like alot of junk in there Trunk?
BAD Air Bag suspenshion.

If you just bought the car, take your time to get to Know Her.
Operators manual will show you her options.
Like a New girl Friend,you got to figure her out!

Each car type may have a different Bell,Alarm or Toy.

It sounds like someone reset Tbl codes prior to Sell.

These computers take time in analyzing failures prior to throwing a DTC.

Take your Time in Troubleshooting, and Take GOOD NOTES.

It takes TIME to weed out problems!

kcobra
05-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Just wanted to let you guys no that I solved the whole A/C problem. It was a bad aux. coolant pump. It was causing a short and the a/c mini fuse under the hood would pop. That fuse controls the A/C clutch, aux. coolant pump, and something else. Anyways. I replaced my AUX. coolant pump and everything works fine now. I had disconnected the pump wiring until the pump came in and everything worked fine. I just replaced it figuring it's there for a reason.

shorod
05-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Thank you for the update and tip! Glad you got the LS fixed!

-Rod

danielsatur
05-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for Feedback.
That Aux electric coolant pump is for the winter time.
When your in back-up Traffic,you can turn off ENG,and turn key in on pos so
you can get HEAT.

Add your comment to this topic!