Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Late model, Ford F-150

michael lambert
02-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Hey guys,

I was looking to see if any of the makers have made a Ford F-150 model. I have not seen one in the stores and not sure where to look online. I have been asked by a friend if i could find a F-150 something preferable 2003 or newer in order to make a 1/24 scale model of his comany truck for his display in his office.

Can anyone help me out?

I have found Revells SVT model (http://www.revell.com/catalog/products/1_25_Scale_Ford_SVT_F_150_Lightning_Pickup-677-5.html), But was looking for a standard kit, did not want to have to modify anything too freaking new to the hobby :D

rsxse240
02-08-2008, 10:28 AM
here you go. (http://toys.search.ebay.com/f150_Models-Kits_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ 1188)

If you need to combine a couple kits to get what you want then buy two or three, I've done it. I've even mixed lindberg and r/m. nothing to difficult.

gasman03
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
there are few kits of that body style out there, just depends on what cab and bed length your looking for

Revell made a 97 extended cab flare side, a 97 std. cab with an 8 foot bed, and the Lightning kit which is a 2000 IIRC

AMT made a 97 std. cab with a short bed, and a 97 extended cab with a short bed in the snap line

Lindberg made a 97 std. cab flareside 4X4. this was just reissued last year and should be the easiest to find.

michael lambert
02-08-2008, 01:56 PM
well,

He did not like the styles you all posted :D So i told him to grab his check book and meet me for lunch we would stop at the local hobby store and he can have a look around!

Turns out he could not decide on two that he really liked.. NOTHING like the Ford. He decided he wanted something with a little more class :D

He could not decide between the -

Mercedes Benz 230 G Paris-Dakar ( Italeri Kit )
2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT ( AMT custom Collection Kit)

So, he bought them both bought a couple of cans of primer and body color paints and said to build them both and he would decide what he like best... Then i can apply the custom made decals and stick it in a box for him :D

So I gots me a project, he was scratching his head when i told him that it could take up to 4 months before they are ready :D

Anyone build either of these kits?

Add your comment to this topic!