Monroney Mistakes! Items listed - not found.

Nikkis MOM
02-07-2008, 09:28 AM
We just purchased a new XXXX 2008 SUV. Drove home, was reading over the Monroney sticker and then realized TWO items listed were NOT installed on our car.
Am working with dealership (they are VERY upset as they found another new car with similar mistakes and took it off the lot).
Dealership said they are in contact with manufacturer and will get back to us when they have more info.
Question:
What are our legal rights?
What "compensation" if any should we accept? For example, should we give away our (unknown at this time) rights for a "free oil change" and/or a few shiny beads they might toss our way to make us happy.
OR
Does this go much deeper and we have a real bull by the horns, so to speak?
Would appreciate any and all suggestions/thoughts. Maybe other websites that have answers?
I have searched Google/Dogpile but can't find any real answers.
Thanks
Nikkis Mom

Ray paulsen
02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Whats the big deal with the 4 X's and the 2 items missing that you cant disclose to get perhaps a proper answer ?.

Greenblurr93
02-08-2008, 10:32 AM
If the items not installed on your vehicle affect the possible value and selling price of the car... you should demand the differnence back off what you paid.... or at least try and have them install said items so your car has what was advertised

Nikkis MOM
02-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Whats the big deal with the 4 X's and the 2 items missing that you cant disclose to get perhaps a proper answer ?.

I did not want to mention manufacturer/dealership as it is an on going situation that hasn't been resolved.
As far as the two missing items go, did not think they are (were) relevant to the question. I will say they are minor, but that is not the point of the question.
Thanks
NM

Add your comment to this topic!