Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 ody fuse 10 problem

99grandgt
02-07-2008, 01:23 AM
hey, i replaced ignition switch myself, they wanted 600 some odd dollars, i did it for free and was an 85 dollar part. got it all in, made sure stuff was all hooked up right like before, and now my instrument panel wont light up, no chimes when lights are left on and door open (but it does work when keys are left in...diff circuit i guess) and tonight, i realized brake lights werent on while drivin, but light up when braking. i read somewhere that the multiplexers for this oddy has recall, ours hasnt been replaced...but the reverse lights work on same ckt as that....but those work too. fuse 10 was blown. i tried two spares, both blew while sticking them in (i didnt disco the battery, too much work) will it NOT blow if i disco battery? i know its good practice while working with high power satellite stuff, maybe i should do for car too. any ideas?

99grandgt
02-07-2008, 03:03 AM
fyi as well, i tore apart the fuse panel thing on driver side to check connections, but that made no sense, as the parking lights and other stuff goes to other side (which i did NOT mess with when replacing my switch) and also parking lights dont come on, not just taillights. radio was working fine on drive home tho....but fuse was clearly blown. i dont know what to check. i didnt mess with anything on that side, i dont think any wires were messed up under the column and i checked it tonight to make sure, no frayed wires. what the heck> im really wondering why we bought this stupid van in the first place....but it blow two consectutive fuses. should i pull the power then put a third fuse in, then reconnect, if it blows it again taht way, i just wanna catch it on fire and say someone stole it.

99grandgt
02-08-2008, 02:39 AM
no ideas, eh? i think it might be relay..if there is one

Add your comment to this topic!