Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turning my lights off

dh271
02-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I have a 2004 Impala. I push the headlight knob in and that sets the automatic headlights, I pull the knob out one notch and I have the parking lights, I pull the knob out all the way and the headlights stay on all the time.
I want the lights to turn off while parked and the car running, is it possible?

Admiral Michael
02-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I have a 2004 Impala. I push the headlight knob in and that sets the automatic headlights, I pull the knob out one notch and I have the parking lights, I pull the knob out all the way and the headlights stay on all the time.
I want the lights to turn off while parked and the car running, is it possible?

For my 03 Impala I just shut the car off, set the emergency break and restart the car. I'm not sure if you can just set the e-brake while the car is idling and have it shut the lights off.

dh271
02-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I`ll give that a try, thanks.

impalalover
02-09-2008, 06:00 AM
I`ll give that a try, thanks.under yout hood in the fuse box there is a drl,day time running lamp fuse,it is a square relay,pull it out and leave it out,your lights will still come automaticly in the night time,look up fuses in your owers manual

dh271
02-09-2008, 06:21 AM
As strange as it sounds, the emergency brake idea does work.

I`ll check out the fuse too.

impalalover
02-09-2008, 09:42 AM
As strange as it sounds, the emergency brake idea does work.

I`ll check out the fuse too. it works also but if you don't want your lights on in the daytime and you like to have just your parks on which look much nicer then take out the drl relay

Add your comment to this topic!