Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need resources for restoring a '73 Super Beetle convertible

automan9482
02-06-2008, 11:19 AM
My mother-in-law recently passed away, and as a tribute to her, we want to restore her 73 SB ragtop. The car has a brand new 1600 dual port in it, and new brakes all the way around, but needs a pan-off resto.
We are currently looking for a knowledgable person to replace the floor pans, but unfortunately all the good old-timers are getting hard to find. I spoke to Norm Mooney, a friend of the family, and he no longer does any body work.
He recommended a place called Jeff's Volkswagen Repair outside of Mooresville, but he also no longer does body work on the old Bugs. My only other resource, Buggy Works, just outside of Martinsville, recommended one of the same places that doesn't do this type of work. Anyone anywhere have some good info? Also looking for info as far as resto procedures, etc.
BTW, I am located in Indiana, car is in Mooresville, IN. It is runnable but probably will have to be towed as the floor pans are basically gone......

BoatCop
02-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Try Chuck's Convertible Parts in Virginia.

www.chucksconvertibleparts.com

kpghia
02-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Do a search of businesses on The Samba (website) and you can probably find one close to you.

Add your comment to this topic!