Carb #/make ???

02-06-2008, 06:01 AM
I have an '85 dodge diplomat and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to find out part number or make of the carburetor.
Ther are numbers all over the thing, I am just not sure what one to go off of. The thing doesnt have a name on it either. I know its got to be a holly or a rochester right??
If anyone has answers for me it would help a lot, thanks!.

05-25-2008, 01:44 AM
mopars were usually holleys or rochester quads but back then they could pretty much put whatever they felt went best for it. Usually the number on the actual carb facing the front or passenger fender is the part #. Your best bet would be to look for a carb list on yahoo for diplomats and see if you can match any of the numbers. You could also some place like napa online and see what part numbers come up under your vehicle and see if you can match any of those numbers. Then just match the picture and your good. If you look around too there are still places that will rebuild them for you. Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!