Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

86 Blazer s10 fuel issue

emcemc
02-05-2008, 05:12 PM
ok i got this 86 blazer s10 with a 2.8L v6 tbi engine its not im my driveway atm i just bought it and the tow truck guy is lazy and not gone to get it yet so i havnt done any tests on it so far but i did try to start it the battery was dead and i jumped it at would not turn over so i toss some gas down the tb and she turns over then dies from no fuel so its definetly some thing to do with the fuel system someone told me that new about the truck the problem is in the ecu or what ever the computer is called but i heard you can bypass this and was hoping some one might tell if this is a bad idea or not and tell me how to do it cause i got no manual also how i could test to see if its the ecu and i also was wondering if theres a way to get the codes out a the ecu with out buying a diagnostic tool my dodge you just tun the key on and off 3 times then the igntion light flashes the codes anyways thanks for any input

MT-2500
02-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Charge the battery up good to start with.
Jumper pin A and B to get codes.
But if battery was dead it may have lost any codes.
Get it running and the recheck for codes.
Check all fuses.
Check the air intake adapter at tbi for a pinched wire to injectors.
Check for good spark to more than one spark plug.
And make sure fuel pump is running and you have 9-13 lbs of fuel pressure.

emcemc
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
ok fuel pump is running when i turn the key to run position for a second then stops but this is normal i believe no pinched wires at the injectors could the relay still be dead there are threee on the driverside fender which one is the fuel pump and i was wondering what shou8ld the ohms be for the injectors and where is the computer i found the ecmb fuse melted but still allowing current throu the main ground was not connected to the engine from the battery could this cause the fuse to melt and tips on the fuel system will help i got no manual pardon my poor communication skills i drank to o much coffee this morning

by the way this truck is not running only runns if i put gas down TB

MT-2500
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Get them wires fixed first thing.
Has it got good fuel pressure?
Has the injectors got 12 volts on the positive side?

emcemc
02-06-2008, 04:19 PM
im reading only .85 volt at the injector is that the relay then, i got no way to test fuel pressure atm where is there a relay for the injectors even?

MT-2500
02-06-2008, 06:02 PM
im reading only .85 volt at the injector is that the relay then, i got no way to test fuel pressure atm where is there a relay for the injectors even?

They have no relay.
You need 12 volts to injector on positive power side.
Check the ECM-1 fuse and all other fuses.
ECM-1 fuse feeds 12 volts to injectors and a lot of other stuff.
MT

emcemc
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
the fuse/fuses are good

emcemc
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
nver mind im a retard theres 12v to the injectors

guess i gotta find out if theres fuel pressure how much pressure in psi should it be abouts
i tested with my multimeter connected to the injector and try turning it over and get .8 5v reading tho i hear the relay click and pump running but the dam injectors dont spray at all i did see them drip i think will there even spray if the pressure is too low

should i start with the fuel filter and work my way back befor thinking about replacing the pump??

MT-2500
02-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Have you got good spark to more than one spark plug.

Check fuel prerssure with a fuel pressure gauge.
You need 9-13 lbs of fuel pressure.
Is the pcm putting out a injector pulse.
It uses a ground pluse to triger injectors.
Hook a bulb type test light to positive battery and check the ground side of injector for injector pulse.
Light should blink if you are getting injector pulse cranking engine.

emcemc
02-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Have you got good spark to more than one spark plug.

Check fuel prerssure with a fuel pressure gauge.
You need 9-13 lbs of fuel pressure.
Is the pcm putting out a injector pulse.
It uses a ground pluse to triger injectors.
Hook a bulb type test light to positive battery and check the ground side of injector for injector pulse.
Light should blink if you are getting injector pulse cranking engine.
ok i tested with a light it blinks when cranking the engine i think theres good spark because if i toss gas down the throttle body it fires the wires are new the cap is not i live on a small island so i have to go to the city to get a fuel pressure tester tommorow, is it really only 9-13 lbs i thought it woulda been higher. i really wana get this thing going so i can go out 4x4ing :D keep up the good work you've been a big help in telling me these tests to do thanks

MT-2500
02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
TBI fuel pump pressure is 10/13 lbs running regulated pressure.
Full direct fuel pump should jump to around 18 lbs if the pump is good and strong.

There is no test port for a fuel pressure gauge.
You will have to have the fittings to tap into the pressure line.
At fuel filter is a good place to test and check the fuel filter at the same time.

A oil pressure gauge or a water pressure gauge or a AC air condition pressure gauge can also be used for a pressure gauge.
If the injector has 12 volts and injector pulse and 9-13 lbs of fuel pressure it should squirt fuel.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
MT

emcemc
02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
well i just checked the fuel filter and replaced it and found there was a leak on the gas tank filler tube and water was getting in to the tank so i drained the tank and there was 20 liters of gas and about 1 liter of water :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
still need to test the pressure but have been busy with the tank draining :(:(:(:(:( could the water have screwed my injectors

emcemc
02-07-2008, 02:50 PM
well i flushed the fuel system and now she is in my driveway running YEE HA Thanks to MT-2500 who helped me with different tests

djklfasdhfdf
df
d
f
dsf
sd
f
sdf
d
f
ddddddddddddd

MT-2500
02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
You are welcome and thanks for posting back the fix and how it went.
Glad it is going again.
A fixed post makes our day.
The injector should be alright.
You might drop a little heet type gas line additive in there to get any water that may be left over or in lines.
Good luck MT

Add your comment to this topic!