Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Engine keeps missing while cold

Goosehunter
02-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I have a 1998 S-10, 2.0L engine, 2 wheel drive, with 60,000 miles on it. I was having a problem with the engine missing when I first started up the truck in the morning. After the vehicle warmed up in about 5 minutes of driving the problem went away. I could leave the truck for 4 or 5 hours and it would be fine when I started it again later in the day. So pretty much only when it was left for 8 or more hours the problem would occur. So I replaced the wires and the problem went away. A month and ahalf later and the problem is happening again. I assume it has to be in some way electrical since it did go away the second I changed out the old wires but I don't see how it could be a problem with the wires since I just changed them.

Any ideas?:banghead:

16th hippy
02-06-2008, 08:11 AM
could be wires are fouling due to exhaust heat. is there a leak at the manifold? seen alot of cracked 2.2 manifolds from s-10's....mine included. could also be a fuel problem. could be a spark plug. start by getting fuel pressure readings and bleed down test and go from there.

Add your comment to this topic!