Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

yukon running with a sputter

damdash
02-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Over the weekend i changed the spider injectors on my 98 yukon. During the process of taking everything down i snapped one of those black plastic( it runs from the wall by the ac accumulator to right around the throttlebody) lines. After getting everything lose i took the old injectors off, clean a bit of the intake with a gas rag. I let it dry and proceeded to put everything back together making sure i put all connections back together. Their was one wire way back hanging from a group of wires that i know i didn't take aloose in between the accumulator and the distributor. With all but this hooked up i crank the engine and seems to run ok. I walk around and notice light smoke from the tailpipe and when i hit the gas at first it seems to want to kill(happening everytime i startt it now). So i take it for a test drive and when i hit the gas it is drive with a hesitation like it's not getting enough gas. Can someone help? I have to result in driving my girls car which i hate cause it's small.

damdash
02-17-2008, 07:28 PM
ok this is an update to my situation. the problem about it wanting to kill has been solved and the hesitation is gone. Since then i have noticed that my check engine light will blink while driving and found out by having a compression check done that the number 5 cylinder is low or weak. Anyway when trying to crank, it will reach to about 80 - 90. What are my options in getting this fixed?

Add your comment to this topic!