Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

another '97 jimmy rear wiper ?/only different

DaVeMoE
01-31-2008, 08:08 PM
My question has to do with the wiper motor itself. I can hear the motor running when I flip the switch, but the arm does not move. The arm does not seem to be broken (ie. I cannot move it freely by hand).My first thought was that the shaft must be broken?But I believe that it is all one piece design. Am I correct? Will I need to replace the entire wiper motor assembly? Has anyone done it? if so any idea on cost?:frown:

MDY
02-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I had the same thing on mine, hear motor running but nothing. Remove panels and motor, take apart. There is a round spring washer holding the gears together, comming off and allowing the motor to spin but the gears not engaging. I drilled through the housing and installed a small headed bolt and washers to keep the gears inline.......works just fine instead of spending $ 75 bucks for a re-mbuilt motor.

Good luck.

DaVeMoE
02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I had the same thing on mine, hear motor running but nothing. Remove panels and motor, take apart. There is a round spring washer holding the gears together, comming off and allowing the motor to spin but the gears not engaging. I drilled through the housing and installed a small headed bolt and washers to keep the gears inline.......works just fine instead of spending $ 75 bucks for a re-mbuilt motor.

Good luck.
Thanks alot! sure sounds alot better than spending $75 right now(at least on this particular problem :) )

Add your comment to this topic!