Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 probe water pump

dumdumlanham
01-31-2008, 08:47 PM
i have a buddy who has a 93 ford probe 2.0 dohc and is wanting to change the water pump without having to reset or replace the timing belt....any suggestions? :banghead:

flyguy123
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
i have a buddy who has a 93 ford probe 2.0 dohc and is wanting to change the water pump without having to reset or replace the timing belt....any suggestions? :banghead:

My question is how is he going to get the water pump off without having to alter the timing belt? I understand that the water pump doesn't run off of the timing belt, but I would think the timing belt will be in the way when he tries to remove/replace the water pump.

dumdumlanham
02-06-2008, 12:35 PM
My question is how is he going to get the water pump off without having to alter the timing belt? I understand that the water pump doesn't run off of the timing belt, but I would think the timing belt will be in the way when he tries to remove/replace the water pump.
we removed the water pump without removing the timing belt finally, all we had to do was remove the plastic covering from the timing belt, then removed the tire, then the idle pulley, the power steering pump (just to have more room), and the two tension pulleys at the bottom, and we could reach the water pump just fine.

Add your comment to this topic!