Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Custom F-150 Lighting Build-up Thread

Diesel2NR
02-22-2003, 11:28 PM
The picture above shows what I've done so far with the F-150. The Interior tub has been painted and I've applied Red Flocking (only somewhat apparent in the lighting). The steering wheel also shows my red and black color scheme. I've started the engine, but that's come to a halt since I'm out of glue. I've taken certain parts, such as the valve covers, and applied BMF to them. I also have the two wheels I'm trying to choose between, the nitrous bottle kit (which I have no idea how to put together :confused: ), hood pins, amps, and tonneau cover with speakers.

Here are my plans for this kit:
Metallic Black with Metallic Stop Light Red Racing Stripes for exterior
Red and black interior
Replace the bench seat with a bucket seat from the Mustang Mach III Concept and a NO2 bottle
put in a styrene wall to block off the bed and place 2-4 amps in the bed (2 on the wall, 2 on the tailgate) & add wiring
carpet the inner tailgate and visible part of the bed
add a wing (from Revell ITR) to the tonneau cover

I will most likely go with the larger, hoppin' Hydros wheels as trying to take the flash off of the kit supplied tires is beginning to be too much hassle.

Purpura Delujo
02-23-2003, 02:58 AM
Sounds good so far, I like the subs and those hoppin hydros wheels. I would ditch the wing on the cover though.

RyanGiorgio
02-23-2003, 08:29 AM
Cool. Update ua ASAP!

Diesel2NR
02-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Here's the finished engine. I ran into the extra flashing problem that P-man did, especially with the fan. It took me 30 minutes to clean the fan up alone, and it's still not perfect, but acceptable to my standards.

Add your comment to this topic!