I want to buy a new car and am looking for advice

carbuyingnewbie
01-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I am looking to buy a brand new car and looking for any advice you can give me. The more specific the better.

Thanks

DinanM3_S2
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
We need to know how much you can spend and what you are looking for in a car in order to help at all.

friendlycarguy
01-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Shop on the manufacturers website to narrow your search. Do some basic pricing research on Autobytel, Edmunds or Consumer Reports so you have some clue as to what is a fair price to pay. Most importantly shop for a loan prior to going into the dealer. Then just call 2 to 3 local dealers and ask for the internet manager and request pricing on the model you are interested in.

carbuyingnewbie
01-29-2008, 09:31 PM
how would i shop for loan before going into a dealership and where would can i can find out more about how to do this? i'm in Texas (United States) btw

DinanM3_S2
01-30-2008, 02:51 AM
Call your bank.

buyingacar101.com
02-14-2008, 02:38 AM
First make sure you know how your credit is. Then see how much you can afford. After knowing how much car you can afford then go to 3rd party quote sites and see what cars are falling into your range. Compare and narrow down by what you need and want. Then request quotes from some dealers in your area. Go ahead and get pre-approved for a loan before you go to the dealership. Shop the local dealers online and work the price a bit. Then go in for a test drive on the cars your still interested in. Do not buy the day you drive. After driving go home and give the dealers another shot to shoot you a better price. Then narrow your choices to the final two and work the dealers more! Basicallllllly do your research and shop! Shop for a loan as the dealer does not always have the best rates. Shop for any warranties you may be interested in because once again dealers are not always the cheapest on those. Good Luck.

'97ventureowner
02-14-2008, 11:04 AM
how would i shop for loan before going into a dealership and where would can i can find out more about how to do this? i'm in Texas (United States) btw
Do you belong to a credit union? They usually offer better deals on auto loans (whether used or new) than most banks. Their fees are generally lower, and their criteria for loan approval can be better than a banks'. Like posted earlier, go to your credit union or bank and fill out an application for a loan and get pre-authorized for a certain amount before you go shopping. That way you know how much you can spend and not go over budget, and you'll know in advance how much your monthly payments will be.
Also keep in mind the extra dealer fees associated with a car purchase such as taxes, title/DMV fees, and figure that into the total price so hopefully your loan can cover all of that and you won't have any additional out of pocket expenses.

Add your comment to this topic!