Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Odyssey radio code help

thecult71
01-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Bought a used 2003 Odyssey from a Honda dealer, but did not receive the original owners manual/radio code card. We recently left the interior lights on for a couple of days, the battery went dead, and now we are searching for the code without pulling the radio to get the serial number. I have read in previous forums that I may find it on a sticker in the glove box, but there is not a sticker on this model in the glove box. I've also read that some models will display the serial number by pushing a couple of buttons simultaneously, but I am not sure of which ones to push, or even if this year/model has that option. I will pull it if I have to, but would prefer not to !! Thanks in advance !!!!

wiseguy01
01-29-2008, 05:12 PM
take your registration to the honda dealer and they will give you the code but they have to run your vin and then your code will pop up

thecult71
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I spoke to the dealer who sold it to us, and he could not look it up that way, although he tried. He also lead me through the procedure they usually use to get the stereo to display the serial number of the unit using the "1 and 6" button method, but that did not work, which stumped the dealer, and he told me I would have to pull it.

wiseguy01
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
call to another dealer i assure you it can be done ive seen the same problem but the person at the dealer doesnt know what they are doing just try calling to another dealer besides the one you talked to

thecult71
01-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Okay, now I have spoken to three different dealers, and all have given me the same answer; they can not access the code from a VIN number. The serial number of the radio and proof of ownership of the vehicle, which we have, is the only way to get the code. So it looks like I will have to remove it after all. Thanks for your help !!!!

PaulD
02-02-2008, 08:55 AM
good lord, why do OEM's do this crap ? Don't they know their headunits are virtually worthless on the open market ?

wiseguy01
02-03-2008, 05:28 PM
this might help

Re: radio code??
After some time on the phone with the dealer, my 2003 honda has a sticker with the 5 digit code in the car. Mine happens to be on the glove box - if I open the glove box, it is on the outside of left side. It first lists the 5 digit code and then the serial # which is about 8 digits.

PaulD
02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
wow, I used to tell people to look there ALL the time .... I think you are the only other person that has found the sticker. I have just stopped telling people to look there.

Add your comment to this topic!