Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 - 1996 Impala SS, Parts Source...

vv42
01-28-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a 1995 Impala SS. Unfortunately, someone (something!) recently broken into my car and shreaded the driver's side door panel (inside). GM doesn't seem to have any new OEM parts to replace my destroyed door. I thought about looking for Caprice parts, but the Caprice had "wood" grain while the Impala was black plastic. I've tried the usual suspects including junk yards, web auction sites, etc. Does anyone have any thoughts on sourcing inside door panels?

Blue Bowtie
01-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Find a 9C1 Caprice (police / SEO vehicle) or another Impala in a salvage yard. The 9C1 is probably easier. Your other option is to use a plain Caprice filler/switch panel. Either one would have to be painted semigloss black to match the opposite side.

Wait until you try finding a complete door.

Another option is:

http://www.impalasuperstore.com/naisso/superstore40/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=1

Blue Bowtie
01-28-2008, 11:26 PM
You seem to be my alter-ego. You have a '95. I have a '94 and a '96.

http://72.19.213.157/files/ImpalaHerd.jpg

Your avatar shows a 3100 truck, custom cab (corner windows). I had a 1950 3100, standard:

http://72.19.213.157/files/Z3100-03.jpg

j cAT
01-29-2008, 10:23 AM
I have a 1995 Impala SS. Unfortunately, someone (something!) recently broken into my car and shreaded the driver's side door panel (inside). GM doesn't seem to have any new OEM parts to replace my destroyed door. I thought about looking for Caprice parts, but the Caprice had "wood" grain while the Impala was black plastic. I've tried the usual suspects including junk yards, web auction sites, etc. Does anyone have any thoughts on sourcing inside door panels?

when you find the correct panel you can color match this by using vinyl dye. My dash was discolored and I used a dye product from leather technologies in virginia. with a mixing kit or if you give a sample of your color they will provide the correct dye color. this is water based and this will not damage the plastic/vinyl material as ketones/solvent based paints will.....so now my dash looks new cost 35.00......this may also be used on leather. I used this on drivers seat and with sanding finish and dye app. you will be very surprised with the results.......

'97ventureowner
01-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Have you been to www.car-part.com ? They link salvage yards across the country. I have had some luck finding hard to find parts for my '95 Roadmaster which shares some parts with the Impalas. When you access the site, you can enter your vehicle's info in the search boxes and the part you are looking for. You then get a results page which lists who has the part and condition, and price. There is also contact info for the yard. I did a quick check on the site and there were a few possible sources for your part. One in particular, Hollands Auto Parts, Inc. , lists doors for a '95 SS. You could call them and ask if they have other parts you may need for your car as they don't always list all the parts available.Good luck!

95ImpalaSS
01-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Try Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-96-impala-caprice-driver-passenger-door-panels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33696QQihZ002QQi temZ120216791828QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

This one is not to bad. Good Luck.

capriceonair
02-01-2008, 12:16 PM
you gotta try name removed- advertising of other forums prohibited on this site. that site is awesome ..they got everything b-body related ..you should find your parts there

vv42
02-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Your avatar shows a 3100 truck, custom cab (corner windows).

Yes, It's a 1948 Chevy Thriftmaster (5-window model) AND, it has TWO tail-lights... I drove it all the way from Santa Barbara, CA to Chicago (@ 52 mph). One of the better road trips I've ever had... Modified to 12-volt (alternator instead of a generator) and it has a later model 235 engine (over the stock 216). Elsewise, it's as stock as possible.

And, to keep it on topic, thanks to everyone for your posts. I've found about all the part I need!

Add your comment to this topic!