Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I think my tranny literally blew up

brunetp
01-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Drivin on the highway this morning on the way to work sipping on some coffee. No warning what so ever and BANG, something let go, the car suddenly comes to a horridly fast stop from 110km/h not matter how much gas i gave it. The smell of burning brakes/clutch or somthing fills the inside of the car as i shut it down. Start it back up, runs good. put it in gear and nothing. put down the gas almost to the floor and rpm only struggles to get to 2500rpm as the car tries to leap forward but fells like theres some seriously holding it back. Something has severly broke inside the drivetrain somewhere, tried reverse and the other gears and same thing with more smoke as i try to get the car to move. Had to tow the car home. Looks like the tranny blew up. I can't think of anything else it would be. Probably going to scrap the car and finally get ride of this nightmare of a car. Never again a lhs/newyorker/concord/intrepid series car.

Scotty89
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Id try to sell it first. theres always someone that will buy something like that.

brunetp
01-29-2008, 06:24 AM
yea i guess. there new tires and brakes all around, and the engine runs like a top. but it has 308,000k's. couldn't get more than 500$ for it

Add your comment to this topic!