90' honda accord temp sending unit??

zakkwylde89
01-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Where is the temp sending unit located on a 90' honda accord? Could it not be the temp sending unit at all? my temp gauge isnt working so im assuming this is the problem... by the way.. its has an f23 motor in it.. any pics or details of where to find this and how to test if this is the problem would be great, thanks

wiseguy01
01-28-2008, 05:18 PM
your gonna find the temp sending unit on the thermostat bell housing if i remember right it should be next to the fan switch the fan switch has two wires and sending has one. this link will get you a full service manual for your car like the ones the dealership has i dont see a 90 but a 91 is real close try the one with more megabytes and check it out

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Accord/

zakkwylde89
01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
how can i test it... should i ground the wires and see if the gauge moves??? it has the little green cap on the end right?? is this the wires that im looking for with the green cap??

wiseguy01
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
should have one wire and to test it you would have to check for voltage on the wire if theres voltage then its possible that the sending unit is bad but i know the fan switch has two wires try taking the fan switch plug off and checking the connection and do the same for the other one wired plug and also make sure you are on the thermostat bellhousing not the water outlet the water outlet is on the front of the motor attached to the upper radiator hose the lower hose is connected to the thermostat

lessthanwise
08-22-2008, 05:06 AM
if you can get a voltmeter just check the connection at the ecu, you'll need a diagram of your ecu pinout...most honda ecu s will send and receive a signal from the coolant temp sensor, make sure it's sending ( V > 0 ) and receiving...if it doesn't send it's your ecu, if it doesn't receive it's your sensor, if it sends and receives your gauge cluster is bunk

Add your comment to this topic!