Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Difference between the Tamiya Enzo models

erichyung
01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm plannig to build on of these Tamiya Enzo models.

what are the difference between the red and yellow models. I can't seem to find the difference. Are the plastic just matching color?

What exactly is Enzo Rosso Corsa? and the difference from the regular Enzo?

turbo_b00st
01-27-2008, 02:09 AM
i believe that there are no differences except the body color...correct me if im wrong pples
thx

erichyung
01-27-2008, 02:44 AM
but what's different about the rosso corsa?

hirofkd
01-27-2008, 02:48 AM
So far, Tamiya have released five Enzo kits, and they're pretty much the same, except for the first one.

No.260 was the original release molded in red, and was priced at 2800 yen.
No.270 Yellow Version came out shortly after. It was slightly more expensive (3200 yen), and came with an extra c/f decal and clear bottom panels.
No.273 is the red version of No.270, and No. 260 was discontinued.
Then, Tamiya redesigned the boxes, and raised the prices. No.301, Yellow version, and No.302, Red version, are now 3800 yen each.

(NOTE: prices don't include the japanese sales tax of 5%)

davezilla
01-27-2008, 02:53 AM

Rosso Corsa is just the name for the Ferrari Red. Giallo Modena is yellow.

erichyung
01-27-2008, 03:01 AM
thanks for clearing it up.

stevenoble
01-27-2008, 04:56 AM

'Rosso Corsa' is Italian for racing red, 'Giallo Modena' is Modena yellow.The general contents of all the kits are pretty much the same,the yellow ones have the body parts in yellow plastic and the red ones in red plastic.But most of the other parts are the same.I don't think the ones in the new black boxes offer anything new.It's the same with the F50 that was re boxed in the black boxes and had a price increase.The contents are exactly the same,just the packaging changed.For this reason I bought the older kit and saved some money.Unless you must have the Enzo in the posh new box track down the older one and save yourself some money.

Add your comment to this topic!