Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Auto-transmission hard shifting problem

capnmike
01-26-2008, 01:16 PM
I have a '93 EV with auto-trans. It was rebuilt some years ago (before I owned it). The person I bought it from thinks that it shifts hard because the trans-fluid in it is not VW-trans fluid. I'd like to know if anyone has solved a hard-shifting problem (jerking into gears up and down) by changing out the trans fluid to all VW-fluid. Please email me at dcapn@hotmail.com if you have any answer on this. Thanks, Mike G.

Plowjocky
11-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Sticky valve body. Replace it or have it cleaned thoroughly and have the system flushed completly with one of those pump things, Then replace with synthetic and consider scrapping the stock cooler in favor of a real tranny cooler that runs all hydralic instead of the coolant tranny heater favored by VW.

VWARRON
12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Vw Tech.you Have To Take It To The Dealer To Drain Fill With Vw Trans Fluid.these Transmissions Rely On The Correct Fluid And Level.if This Dise Not Repair The Problem Than The Least Expensive Thig To Do Is Replace The Trans.any And All Repairs To The Internal Components Of These Transmissions Are Tedious And Expensive.good Luck

Add your comment to this topic!