Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

maintenance required light on 04 Camry

mdfranci
01-25-2008, 07:11 PM
I bought a used 04 Camry last month and every thing went" ok until today and the "maintenance required" light came on and I was not sure what this was so I went to my local Autozone and they used an ODB scanner and I looked at the scanner and it said everything passed. The guy said the light is for some type of a routine maintenance check like a tune up or oil change and he said I would have to go to the dealer for them to reset it so the light would go off. I have not had a Toyota before so I am not sure if this is true, is there a way I can make the light go off, any help will be appreciated.
Mike

Brian R.
01-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Your owners manual should tell you how to turn off the light. Something like holding down the trip odometer reset button for 7 seconds while turning on the ignition. If you can't find it, call the maintenance team at your Toyota dealer and they should be able to tell you the sequence.

mdfranci
01-26-2008, 06:59 AM
Thaanks for the info, I will look in the manual

Mike Gerber
01-26-2008, 01:43 PM
If it's like the 07 Camry (generation 6), it's to remind you it's time for your oil change. To reset it, go to trip meter 1 on your dash's display. Now shut the car off. Now while holding the trip meter reset button down, turn the key to the accessory (not start) position and continue to hold the key. Depending on which model and dash you have, you should see some type of display as the code is being reset. On my 07 XLE it's a series of blocks that move from the left to the right as the reset procedure is being carried out. The whole procedure should take about 10 seconds and the light will go out.

Mike

Add your comment to this topic!