Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

88 Bronco II no start?

riverat440
01-25-2008, 05:36 PM
I have a friends Bronco II here to fix and it is really turning into a puzzle. It won't start but it has spark and 40 psi fuel pressure. Checked an injector yesterday for signal with a noid light and nothing so I replaced the ECM today with a reman and still nothing. The inertia switch isn't popped. This really bugs me as this has to be one of the most simple systems out there. Just what has ford hidden in this one to cause problems? I hoping someone that had similar problems would want to share their experience. Thanks, Rick

rhandwor
01-26-2008, 09:04 AM
I would check the eec relay and make sure it thumps when trying to start. A bad computer ground is a very common problem. They used to be in the pass side kick panel. Start here as it is the cheapest problem. Haynes manual used to have a one line electrical diagram. Start at the injector check for power at the wiring harness connector. Go all the way back to the relay. Also check for a bad fuse or a burnt fuseable disconnect. They used to be by the starter.
If one is burnt use two wire size smaller wire to make a new one. Newer models have a black electrical box in the engine compartment. Look underneath for burnt wires.

Add your comment to this topic!