Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What should i use?

readallen
01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
96 jimmy 4wd 4.3liter 170k -- should i use lucas oil stabilizer with 5w-30 oil, what oil and filter brand, lucas gas additive, bosch or autolite or ac delco plugs , kn air filter, what brand atf and filter, what universal joints, what should i put in differentals. so what stuff is the best for my car???????

thebeastjuggalo
01-27-2008, 10:37 PM
well thats a whole lotta question :P
fist off, u shouldnt really use any oil additives, it u think it needs flushed then run some seafoam through it before u change the oil...personnaly i would suggest a k&n oil filter simply for the fact it doesnt flow nearly as much oil back into the pan when the truck sits, so when u start it, it wont be a dry start, and as for oil, depends on what u can afford, if u can afford say some redline synthetic that would be your best bet....for a gas additive, just run a can of seafoam through it once a month or so....for plugs, any plug that is both platinum tip and platinum core will work the best...atf filter dont matter what brand u get...dont really matter for the universal joints....differentals i would say to use lucas

16th hippy
01-29-2008, 02:35 AM
use delco plugs. no need to add anything to oil unless there is a problem, and for other than general cleaning, there isn't much a mechanic in bottle can do but delay the inevitable. would reccomend removing the diff covers for fluid change to inspect everything to make sure there are no chunks or anything.

Add your comment to this topic!